Downloadable Merchants Policies and Merchant Application
PDF 51kb Download
Merchants Registration on the OnLine Shopping Cart
at Four Quarters Farm
We are pleased to provide these
Merchants Policies at Four Quarters.
At Four Quarters, the number of Merchants on site is based upon our
projected site attendance, with a ratio of 1 merchant to 20 people on site. Our Merchants
report satisfaction with the results of this ratio balance in providing them with an
interested buying public. It does mean that late merchanting applications may be refused
in order to maintain this ratio,
We continue to select Merchants providing a diverse product line and
will limit the number of merchants on site, as well as the number of merchants selling
similar product lines to insure that merchants have a profitable marketing environment.
(Few appreciate 10 drum merchants at a drum festival, especially the drum merchants!)
This policy insures that professional merchants can do their best at
We will continue our focus on the Merchants Village on the West
end of the High Meadow in order to take advantage of the beautiful trees and the heavy
foot traffic near the Drum Circle.
Please Note: YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER AND PROVIDE PAYMENT FOR ALL FESTIVALS YOU
WISH TO ATTEND.
Email and telephone calls will not confirm your registration.
GENERAL MERCHANT POLICIES
* Merchants will be asked to refrain from selling during Large Public
* Merchants are requested to arrive by the evening before opening day, and MUST arrive by 12:00
noon of Opening Day. Late
arrivals may be refused setup until the following morning or may be refused setup and have
their fees returned; at the discretion of the Merchant Co-ordinator.
* Merchants may not break down before Closing Ceremony,
usually noon of closing day. Merchants intending to stay overnight after closing need to
inform the Merchant Co-ordinator. Merchants desiring camp services after closing (showers,
power and the like) must make arrangements with the Merchants Co-ordinator.
* Body painting on persons under age 18 is limited to hands and face only.
Hands are defined as the part of the body on the arms below the elbow. Face refers to the
head from the chin up. Body painting of minors must all be done with the minors
parent or legal guardian present during the entire process. Legal proof of age is required
for any person being body painted in any location other than hands and face.
· !! Parental permission does not waive this rule, and any body painter (or parent) not
complying with this regulation may be expelled with no prior warning. !!
* Merchants must be pre-registered for events they wish to attend.
* The sale of paraphernalia is prohibited by law, and much worse by us.
* All Merchant tents and pavilions must be staked and secured.
* Merchants are requested to maintain regular and reasonable business hours. We
suggest 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
* Merchants should display a courteous and professional attitude while on site.
Failure to maintain a professional demeanor may result in your being asked to leave the
* Private generators are not allowed during the festival.
* The Churchs policy of no alcohol in original containers applies particularly
to Merchant booths. This policy is aggressively enforced.
Note: If you are a merchant who is physically disabled, possessing a
State-issued Handicapped Placard, we will provide parking in the High Meadow in a
designated area, YOUR FORM MUST INCLUDE THIS INFORMATION!
MERCHANT JURY PROCESS
* First time Merchant applications must include pictures of the goods sold and booth
setup. Please include a brief description of your business and its history for the jurying
process. This goods and booth information is only required with your first
application. Jurying is a one time process. Once accepted as a Merchant you need
only submit a completed application for any future events you wish to Merchant at.
* Quality of product and display meeting professional standards is most important.
* Merchants will be selected who support a diverse product line to our attendees.
* Merchants will be juried by category and we limit the number of Merchants selling
into a given category at a given event. i.e. We may have five approved drum merchants but
will limit the total number of drum merchants reflecting the attendance of the event.
* Acceptance as a Four Quarters Merchant does not guarantee booth space in your
category. Acceptance is by pre-registration, pre-paid, first come, first served.
ARRIVAL AND VEHICLE POLICY
As Four Quarters is a natural site, and considering our efforts to
preserve its magical feel, automobiles are not welcome. With the exception of vehicles
registered as part of a booth set-up, vehicles are allowed in the High Meadow only long
enough to offload gear -- and then must be returned to Main Parking. This must be
done in a timely manner, as soon as possible, so as to allow for other traffic, and to
Further, the marked area under the pine trees in the west end of the
merchants area is permanently prohibited to vehicles. Most booths in this area are a short
50 foot walk from vehicle access. Your understanding and cooperation are very important --
and greatly appreciated.
* Unless you have registered your vehicle as part of your set up, you must offload
your gear and return your vehicle to parking within two hours of check-in with the on-site
* Absolutely no RVs, van-fronted vehicles with RV bodies, or vehicles over 16
feet in length will be permitted as part of the main Merchants Village. You may have
a vehicle, or trailer, but not both. There are a strictly limited number of spaces to
accommodate these vehicles.
* You may pre-register a vehicle as part of your Merchant set-up. Vehicle spaces are
limited. If your vehicle is registered as part of your set-up, you must arrive the day
before the event opens. (You will not be allowed to drive into the Merchants area
Important: In order for your vehicle to be registered as part of your
set-up, the vehicle
MUST remain within your frontage, and serve as an integral part of your set-up, COVERED.
The vehicle must not be moved, for to do so would require that the entire set-up be
dismantled. Please note that having a vehicle as a part of your booth greatly limits your
choice of location. Many parts of the Meadow are very fragile and susceptible to damage
from vehicles. Our goal is to protect the Land, and we are sure that is your goal.
* If you arrive after 12:00 Noon on Opening Day, we may elect to deny you the
privilege of setting up in the Merchants Village or require that you wait until the
following morning to set up. Absolutely No vehicles may be unloaded in the Meadow after
dark, during Ceremony, or in heavy, inclement weather. If you require special
arrangements, please call ahead.
* You may feel free to arrive a day or two before an event at no additional charge.
Special Vehicle Provisions:
* The marked area under the pine trees in the west end of the merchants area is
permanently prohibited to vehicles
* Vans, pick-up trucks, detached trailers, and other wheeled-objects under 16 feet
in length are considered as vehicles, and are allowed as outlined above;
* RVs, vehicles over 16 feet in length, and van-fronted vehicles with
RV-styled bodies will be confined to the East end of the High Meadow.
* There a very limited number of booths that will be able to accommodate vehicles,
and they will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
We do have Security, but you are specifically, and entirely, responsible for the security
your goods and products, as well as the ability of your own booth to withstand the
REGISTRATION / BOOTH ASSIGNMENT:
WHEN YOU ARRIVE ON SITE, PLEASE STOP IN AT REGISTRATION.
AFTER REGISTRATION, CHECK IN WITH OUR ON-SITE MERCHANT COORDINATOR FOR YOUR BOOTH
If you require additional pre-festival information, contact our pre-site Merchant's
Four Quarters Interfaith Sanctuary of EarthReligion
190 Walker Lane Artemas, PA 17211
(814) 784-3075 (fax) 3999 email@example.com
Four Quarters Farm
Merchants Application Updated 2004
Please remember: This is a Juryed Show. New Merchants must
submit pictures and descriptions of goods and booth with their application. Existing
Merchants need not resubmit pictures and descriptions. This will hasten the jurying
process and earn our thanks.
Your Business Name:
Your Legal Name:
Your Spirit Name:
Please describe your merchandise and service: (if first time please include photos)
Please describe your booth with full dimensions: (if first time please include
We recommend merchants registration and payment of registration fees at least 30
days before the event.
Merchant Booth Fees:
4QF Members; $55 for a 20x15 booth with no vehicle as part of your set-up
Non Members $70 for a 20x15 booth with no vehicle as part of your set-up.
$90 for a 20x15 booth with a vehicle as part of your set-up. (Members and NonMembers)
$90 for a 30x 20 with no vehicle as part of your set-up. (Members and NonMembers)
$110 for a 30x20 booth with a vehicle as part of your set-up. (Members and NonMembers)
$20 for 5 peak/amp at 120v power/ 3 day weekend. $30 for 5 day and longer events.
Access to power after official close must be arranged with the Merchants
The Event that I am applying for:
The Booth that I am applying for:
I enclose a personal and booth registration check in the sum of $
(Payable to Four Quarters)
I certify that I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the Policies of Four
Interfaith Sanctuary and Four Quarters Farm in submitting this Merchants Registration
Four Quarters Interfaith Sanctuary of EarthReligion
190 Walker Lane, Artemis, PA 17211 (814) 784-3075 ·
Fax: 3999 · firstname.lastname@example.org · www.4qf.org