Drum 'n' Splash 2017!
Our 22nd Anniversary Reunion
Wednesday, June 28th -
Sunday, July 2nd 2017
One of Four Quarters best kept secrets, Drum and Splash is simply a Very Good Time, and a great way to Celebrate an Alternative Nation’s Birthday with Family, Friends, and Tribe, with no agenda other than to Drum all Night and Swim all Day, sharing a working vision of the possible through Community, Sustainability,and Personal Responsibility.
The 2016 Highlights:
We had JIM DONOVAN leading "Drum and Chant”!
We had master djembefola BOLOKADA CONDE teaching djembe!
We had performances by Bele Bele Rhythm Collective and The Love Drums!
We had classes for yoga, qi gong, toning and a bellydance workshop!
We had classes for djembe, dunduns, doumbek and fire spinning!
The drum circles rocked every night. The swimming hole was delightful.
The food was great. The vendors were fun. The weather was fabulous.
The parade, fireworks, fire spinning were sensational!
• Enjoy the solace of The Land itself, listed as the most ecologically diverse tract in Bedford County by the Western Pennsylvania Nature Conservancy.
• Swim in Sideling Hill Creek, an unspoiled treasure among Appalachian watersheds. Hemlock Hole is a spectacular swimming area, shadowed by our cliffs, cherished by young and old. And there are four other swimming holes strung along a creekside trail.
• Learn something new in one of our many engaging workshops: dancing, drumming, hooping, fire-spinning, and drum building.
• Rejuvenate in one of our classes and activities in yoga, Qi Gong, chanting, stone stacking, trance dance, and journaling.
• Explore the living natural history of The Land with guided hikes, nature walks, garden tours, and service
• Experience the magic of the performances in the Upper Drum Circle at sundown every night. Children hold the place of honor here at twilight. As the night deepens and the kids fall asleep, the serious drumming begins. And even later in the night, Pure Magic!
• Relax and Vacation with your family and friends while camping under a sky full of stars, or enjoy one of our other lodging options: The Loft by the farmhouse with bunkbeds, WiFi, showers and toilets. Or the Dormitory in camp with bunkbeds and easy access to our showerhouses. A limited number of private rooms are also available.
• Participate in lively discussion or open jam at The Coffee Dragons outdoor cafe. Early morning through late night serving free coffee, tea and cocoa from their pavilion on the High Meadow.
• Study with the Masters of Drum and Dance in intensive free and fee paid workshops for the serious drummer and dancer.
• Pig-Out at our Four Quarters Pig Pickin Feast & Ice Cream Social! It is absolutely the best back-yard block party EVER.
• Immerse yourself in the rich traditions of many different cultures' rhythms, dances, celebrations, and ceremonies.
• Re-enact the Bathing of Aphrodite, an Ancient Greek patriotic festival that parades through our village.
• Create some extraordinary memories to take away with you and bring back to share with others in future years.
• Discover the unique wares of our Merchants Green village within a village.
• Compete in The Rubber Ducky Race! No “sailor” wants to miss this light-hearted note!
• Witness the magic of a procession of talent at dusk, featuring an escort of fire artists, the pageantry of the dancers, the passion of the drummers, and the mystery of the Dragon Dance... building a crescendo of energy punctuated by a breath-taking fireworks display.
Our Energy Builds from Wednesday Night with the First Fire Circle leading into a Thursday and Friday filled with Workshops, Play and Performance, flowing into Saturday’s Masters Classes. The River waits cool and inviting – refreshing us before we gather together for our Annual Four Quarters Pig Pickin Feast Ice Cream Social on Saturday afternoon. As Saturday evening descends, fireworks light up the Sky as our Fire Arts Procession dances the way to a Fire Circle that will Light up the Night.
$75 PreReg by April 25th; $90 PreReg by June 20st
Wednesday-Thursday arrival, $115 PreReg by June 20; $130 at the Gate
Friday arrival, $100 PreReg by June 20, $115 at the Gate
Sat. Arrival, $85 PreReg by June 20, $100 at the Gate
Handicapped, Special Circumstances? CALL US !
Children under 16 are loved, cherished and FREE !
Visa/MC Credit Card Registrations on-line at www.4qf.org.
Or call the office at 814-784-3080 with your registration or questions.
About Meal Plans
The Starvin’ Artist serves Brunch and Dinner with Herbivore and Omnivore selections, all you can possibly eat, Pre-Registered only.
Dietary options are Omnivore, Vegitarian, and Gluten Free. Please note the kitchen is *unable* to accommodate specific dietary restrictions.
Much of our meat and produce is raised right here in the fields and gardens of Four Quarters, and what we don't raise we try to source from our local farms. We take our kitchen very seriously.
And our Saturday Pig Pickin'/Veggie Feast & Ice Cream Social is Free, you’re invited!
Wednesday Dinner-Sunday Brunch; 8 Meals $77
Thursday Dinner-Sunday Brunch; 6 Meals $55
Friday Dinner-Sunday Brunch; 4 Meals $33
Saturday Brunch-Sunday Brunch; 3 Meals $22
Rooms have double beds, blankets and pillows; bunks have fitted sheets. During events rooms and bunks are bundled with meal plans and are booked for the duration of the event. You must call the Office to reserve. 814-784-3080
You are welcome to arrive before Wednesday and stay later than Monday. Early In and Late Out camping is $5 a night for Members and $10 a night for non-members.
Camp Fire Permits and In-Camp Car Camping Permits are $15 each. In-Camp Car Parking passes are $25 and very limited.
Unlimited free Main Parking. Handicapped, please contact us for your free In-Camp parking pass.
Merchant Booths are juried, pre-registered and very limited. Contact us early to merchant.
Four Quarters has two shower buildings equipped with super low-flow dual-flush toilets, state of the art ‘on demand’ heaters for our low-flow showers and drinking water spigots throughout the camp. Four Quarters is Green!