We Could Use your Help
Indeed, I'm counting on it. You see, I've been organizing events of one kind or another for over 18 years now, and it has been my experience that events succeed or fail based upon that small group of people who care deeply about it's core message, and are willing to do the work to create the culture and context of small, weekend community.
I believe this is important work, an effort to start "The Conversation We Need to Have," as John Michael Greer has so succinctly put it. Decline. Collapse. The Elephant in the Parlor. To begin the process of grappling with some very hard and difficult truths. Not a possible future, but our unfolding here and now.
Perhaps you would like to be a part of the process, and help develop this much needed conversation? There are many ways to help.
* Long term, the core planning team is forming. If you like to organize, work with people and build from the foundations on out, drop me a line. We are forming a small chat list and you can be part of it.
* We are always looking for contacts, presentations and workshops to add to the content of the event. Do you have a suggestion?
* Publicity, publicity, publicity! First year events are always behind schedule and this is no exception. We would really appreciate what you can do to share Age of Limits. Suggest a website where we can post an announcement. Print out a flyer. Tell your friends.
* We support other organizations working on issues of adaptations to the decline, and ask for their support. If you are a member of an organization we should know about, drop me a line.
* There are many needs on site in creating an event. Could you help staff registration, manage sound systems or help in the kitchen? And we have need for reliable transportation of our presenters from regional airports.
Go to our Meetup page, create an account
and join the Volunteers conversation.
I'm pretty accessible, the telephone works too, and I enjoy the calls. That's 814-784-3080.
Ask for Orren and mention The Age of Limits. I look forward to it!